Sunday, June 3, 2007

Welcome Home Caitlyn!

Doesn't Caitlyn look sweet in her Carter's romper (thanks Ah-Gou Adeline!) and piglet socks? This was what Caitlyn wore when she checked out of the hospital - her 1st own outfit! For the past 2 days, she was also wearing hospital garb...but hers looked so much better than mine! How unfair!

Baby Caitlyn came home on Easter Sunday. Mom and Dad came to the hospital to fetch us home. Maid Khoti and my confinement lady welcomed us at home. Oh, Marshi & Maro (our rabbits) and Baileys (the Dog) welcomed us too!

The first thing that I did was to let Caitlyn dearest try out her new bed! I have been waiting so long for this day! Finally there's a baby sleeping in the cot! For the few weeks before she arrived, I could only imagine a baby sleeping in the empty cot. I got so impatient from waiting that I even placed my stuffed animal in place of Caitlyn!! Sorry baby that you are not the first to sleep in your bed.

Even though we thought that we got everything ready for angel's arrival, there were still quite a no. of missing items. So Mom and Dad went out to get all the missing items such as pails for Caitlyn's laudry and my herbal baths, covered bins to dispose her diapers etc. Thanks Mom and Dad! It was actually quite a chaotic day. It's hard to imagine how a little baby can turn our lives around! Meeting her needs round the clock has become our priority! Reality has finally hit me and I realise that the maternity leave does not equal LONG HOLIDAY.

No comments: