Sunday, June 3, 2007

The First Few Days...

Oooh, doesn't she just look like an angel resting in her cot? Well, not so for Mommy as I am feeling shag from the frequent night feedings! Anyway, the arrangement for the month was Baby in our room in the day and sleeping with the confinement lady in the night. As I am breastfeeding her fully, she will be carried into our room whenever she wakes up for her night feeds. On good nights, she will fall asleep promptly after her feeds. On bad nights, the confinement lady won't get to sleep much.

Baby's first few days are mostly spent sleeping. She gets up on average every 1.5-2 hours for her feeds and she will then fall asleep again. Sometimes, she stays awake for awhile longer and I will talk and sing to her. Sounds quite good ya? But as each feed takes up to half-hour or more, I can't really do much cos before I know it, it's time for her next feed. I can't wait for her to be a little older, then she'll be able to play! That'll be fun!

Oh, did I say that pregnancy was the best time since you get treated like a princess? Well, the confinement period is also another time when you get treated like Her Royal Highness (ie of cos if you hire a confinement lady)! Every morning, yummy breakfast will be awaiting me when I am up. It goes the same for lunch and dinner. Essence of chicken will be warmed and served to me in bed. The longan and red dates drink will also be brought into the room. My heral bath water will be prepared just so that HRH can at least shower and lessen the stink for baby and hubby dearest. Need I say more? Yes!! Most importantly, baby's diaper changes and baths are also seen to! So what do I do? Feed the baby, feed myself and watch cable tv!! Heehee!

No comments: