Sunday, June 10, 2007

Angel's Vision...

Lil' Angel has reached another milestone recently - she is able to see and focus on objects. When she is in her cot, she likes looking at the musical mobile going round & round above her. She can be entertained for about 10-15 minutes by it, which is to me, a very decent period of time! I can use the "free" time to attend to all my urgent tasks - going to the toilet, getting a snack, resting my tired arms and of cos, blogging!! Not too long ago, the musical mobile did not interest her much as she wasn't able to focus on objects placed far away, so I guess she must be thinking that she was suffering from giddy spells whenever she saw the animals flying above her in circular motion! No wonder she did not seem to like her cot very much!

Another thing which keeps Caitlyn dearie entertained is her bouncer which we got from Fisher-Price. Again, this is another item which I consider a "Good Buy". During our meals, I will place Caitlyn in it. She will sit in the bouncer contentedly and look at us eat. Hmm...let me correct myself - I suspect that she is only interested to see ME eat cos she wants to know what she can expect for her next feed!

Ok, back to the bouncer and Angel's vision. There are little animals hanging on the bouncer. Before, when I say "Tortoise" or "Bird", Lil' Angel will give me the "Duh...I know they are tortoise and bird, so what do you want me to do??" look and roll her eyes. And she will just remain sitting there and do nothing. Now, when I place her in the bouncer, she will start whacking the Tortoise and Bird (Ok, ok, I know that I am exaggerating). Ahhh, finally she knows what I want her to do! Not bad Angel, it only took you 9 weeks to focus and coordinate your hand movements...smart girl!

No comments: