Friday, April 18, 2008

New York - Day 1...

We took the Greyhound from Boston to New York at 9am in the morning. It was a 4.5hr coach ride and Lil' Angel enjoyed the ride tremendously and why not? She had free flow of breastmilk and snacks, "live" entertainment from Mommy & Daddy as well as a good sleep! What more can anyone ask for??

Lil' Angel drinking water after all the snacks...

Bad Daddy tempting Lil' Angel with potato chips...

We were very hungry when we reached New York at 130pm...so we headed for Planet Hollywood for lunch. Bad choice...the food is bad...no wonder so many of their restaurants around the world have closed down. Daddy had a burger...

I had the lasagne which I remembered was one of their better dishes (in Sydney & Melbourne)...but it also didn't live up to my expectations...

After lunch, we walked along Times Square...it was a HOT day...plus the crowd, the dirty streets and the polluted air...no wonder Caitlyn didn't look very pleased...

Smile, Caitlyn...we are almost reaching Toys R Us!

Nesquik Bunny was at Toys R Us! Lil' Angel likes the Bunny while I like the beverage! They were giving away free bottles of Nesquik too!

Ooohhh...a Ferris Wheel in the store! And the carriages are so cute!! I like the Little Tikes Car the most!

Too bad we didn't get the Little Tikes Car but this Little People Bus will do just fine!

Smile! This picture was taken by 2 kids sharing the bus with us...

We got a bird's eye view of Toys R Us from our carriage...this is the highest level...

The 2nd level...

Section of the store selling LeapFrog Toys...

The Rugrats carriage which was just before ours...

The other carriages...

Lil' Angel loves steering wheels and cars...

I miss my Noddy car back home...

That's Geoffrey the Toys R Us Giraffe in the background...

The Musicals along Broadway...too bad we can't catch any with a baby in tow...

Times Square in the evening...

I like the M&Ms advertisement at M&Ms World...really funny!

This M&Ms is pretending to be King Kong!

We had dinner at a Thai restaurant...not too bad...it was recommended by the guide book...

We had Pad Thai, Green Curry Chicken and Pork with Chinese Broccoli aka Kai Lan...

Times Square at night. Here's the Hershey's Chocolate Store...

The cushy Hershey's pillow and a BIG bottle of Hershey's syrup!

Statue of Liberty...errr...I mean Hershey's!

Nice tee...the price is pretty nice too...so I decided that a picture will be good enough!

I will have the World's Largest Kiss soon...from my Bebe!!

Lil' Angel has a thing for cows...

Next stop...M&Ms World! Elvis impersonator...Lil' Angel can impersonate him too!

This one looks cute...
The Statue of M&Ms...

Hmmmm...what should I do with this? Should I eat him or should I not??
Look at the array of colours...

And here are more! I like the pastel pink and purple the most!

Times Square at 1030pm...the city is still so vibrant and alive!

Look at the number of people on the streets!

Ok...that's it for Day 1...spent mostly in Times Square. Back to our nice hotel and comfy bed!

1 comment:

Jane said...

caitlyn's really travel savvy -- to be able to survive a 4.5hr coach ride and even enjoy it!