Friday, August 8, 2008

Blueberries...

The weather report said that there will be thunderstorms today...and the sky did look grey. We were planning to go fruit picking and it seemed like our plans had to be shelved. However, since it wasn't raining, yet....we decided to just go to the farm and PRAY for good weather. Well...GOD answered our prayers! Not only did it not rain, the SUN came out too! And to add to that...the temperature was a cool 24 degrees...just the right kind of weather for fruit picking! Not too hot, not too cold! It really seems like the cool weather is coming back to Boston!

Here we are, at the Tougas Family Farm! Blueberries and Raspberries are in season now, and so are peaches though we can't pick the peaches this week.

Here's our box to put the blueberries that we will be picking!

Off we go to the orchard. Lil' Angel taking a look at the signboard...
Hmmmm....will Mr Bee ignore a SWEET Lil' Angel?

Hints on how to pick sweet and juicy blueberries...

And directions to the blueberry patch. Hurry Daddy...let's go and pick the blueberries!

Blueberries...here we come!

OoooOOoo...Blueberry Trees! Blueberries are everywhere!

Lil' Angel wandering around and looking at Daddy picking the blueberries...

Daddy hard at work...

Lil'Angel observing Mommy picking the berries too!

Here Caitlyn...we must pick the BIG, BLUE ones...

Lil' Angel trying her hand at blueberry picking...

She's getting the hang of it!

Here Mommy...a nice & juicy blueberry just for you!

Lil' Angel following Daddy to look for more blueberries...

Everyone is busy berry picking...

Ohhhhh....more berries over there...

I will pick some from this tree...

Here...ONE more berry to our pickings...

Wow...another BIG & JUICY one...

Rub, rub, rub...I will eat this one...

Our pickings so far...do you want to try one?

Off to find another tree to pick...

Ahhh...this is tiring...let me take a break...

Enough resting...Lil' Angel decided to go across the pipe...

Hold on to the pipe...place one leg over...

Now bring the other leg over too...

Ooops...Lift your leg higher, Caitlyn...

There...I did it! I managed to cross over the pipe myself! Good job Caitlyn!

I see some blueberries on the ground...

Can we eat these too, Mommy?

Oooh...this bunch looks good...

Mommy said to pick the BLUE ones...

This one looks blue enough...

Ok...I will pick this...

This is FUN...

I think I make a good Blueberry Picker...anybody wants to hire me?

Our pickings for the day!

Let's go, Caitlyn...

That's it???

Let me count how many berries we picked. 1, 2, 3....100...200...300...

Close up view of the Blueberries...

Ooops...I am too heavy for the weighing scale...

Yap...we looked up & down...the proof is in our box!

Lil' Angel soaking in the sun on the haystack...

Having fun with Daddy in the Orchard...

We passed by a Pumpkin Patch. Look...a Baby Pumpkin...

We passed by Apple trees too!

Don't the apples look yummy?

These are the green ones...

Too bad we can't pick them yet...apple season begins in September...

Here's the Rasberry Patch...

Try spotting the Lil' Berries...

The peaches were so fragrant! We bought 4 Big Peaches...

Our blueberry pickings were equivalent to two-and-a-half small boxes...and they cost USD7.40...

And they are organic berries!

Lil' Angel showing off the blueberries!

BYE fruits...now to visit the barn animals...

Wow...So many goats!

See you later, Goats...

Turkey: Hello Goats!

The little billy goats are waiting for FOOD...

Over Here...Over Here! Hey...what are you looking at?

Daddy bought some food to feed the hungry goats...

Caitlyn...let's take a picture with the goats...

Naughty Mommy tricking the goats...there's no food in her hands!

Lil' Angel is looking at...

...the Turkeys running around...

The turkeys are gone...

Hairy goats...

What's that?

Oooohhh...the playground! Here I come!

I'm at the top of the slide...

I think I can go down on my own...

Relaxing with Daddy...
Having fun with Mommy...

Isn't it a beautiful day?

Lil' Angel happily running around...

Where's Daddy?

Let me go and find him...

I can't find Daddy...

Oh...I think I spotted Daddy!

There he is...coming out from the Kitchen...

My Daddy!

3 comments:

Banta143 said...

Wow it looks like everyone had a FUN and busy day!! I love blueberries! I didn't know there were places like this one where you can just pick your own!
That's too cool =)

Great pics btw!! love your blog

Caitlyn's Mommy said...

Yap...just google for fruit farms and I am sure you will find some near you!

The berries are sweet! They taste different from the ones you get from the supermarts. I am not sure if it is psychological...but I really do think they are cos they are freshly plucked and I plucked them! :)

Thanks...I'm glad you like reading my blog!

Jane said...

nice pics! the blueberries look so fresssssssssh and good. makes me hungry just by looking at them! i'm sure the giant peaches must have tasted great too.