Monday, June 29, 2009

Put Backkkkk!!!

Lil' Angel borrowing a book from the Book Room @ JG


After Lil' Angel's Julia Gabriel class, we had our lunch at Takashimaya followed by shopping. There was a Disney Fair at one corner of the mall and Lil' Angel spotted a Mickey Mouse Candy Bar that she insisted on holding. The top of the candy bar has Mickey sitting in an airplane and the blades will propel when you press the button. So I took it down for her to hold while I browsed through the items on sale. After I was done, I asked Lil' Angel to put the candy bar back but she didn't want to and insisted on having it. I had no choice but to buy it for her...and to think that I was so proud before that she doesn't throw a tantrum if I don't buy her something that she wants! After paying for the candy, we walked across the entire store towards the exit. Upon reaching the exit, Lil' Angel said very loudly "PUT BACK!!" and she waved the candy bar madly at the same time. I told her that Mommy has already paid for it so it's ours and we don't have to return the candy. She started becoming hysterical and said "PUT BACK! PUT BACK!..."

So I had no choice (once again) but to turn back, walk across the entire store and back to the Disney corner once more. I decided to try my luck and asked the cashier if I could do a refund as "my kid doesn't want the candy anymore...". The lady was very nice and she said it wasn't a problem and promptly did a refund after I signed a form. We then happily put the candy back!
Now I know that all Lil' Angel wants is to hold on to an object that she likes when we are in a store and that I DO NOT need to BUY it!! We just need to RETURN it when we leave! So there, I can still proudly say that she is unlike some kids who throw a tantrum if their parents don't buy what they want or kids who need to buy at least an item whenever they go shopping! Hope this good trait of hers last!

No comments: