Monday, May 28, 2007

Being Preggie...


Thank God for the easy pregnancy, with hardly any morning sickness or other pregnancy related uncomfy-ness except for the 1st two months when I felt a bit "high" whenever I was hungry, I really didn't mind being pregnant! In fact, I was quite happy being pregnant as this is almost the only time when people will fuss over you, give up their seats, feed you with good stuff like bird's nest *wink* and get driven around; in short, you get treated like a princess! But of cos, this is not to say that I want to get preggie again!! No!!! Definitely not so soon even if I want Baby No. 2 cos it is simply too draining mentally and physically. And the process of giving birth is a bit icky...


Being preggie for the 1st time, Alvin & myself had lots of fun watching our lil' angel developing in my tummy as well as my ballooning tummy! We looked forward to the monthly visits to the gynae. We will be in awe each time the gynae pointed out her little heart thumping away, her little fingers and toes wriggling, her bladder, her vulva to confirm that she is indeed our little girl and not a boy and the silhouette of her features becoming more and more prominent each month - isn't it just amazing how a tiny ball of cells can develop into a little human being in 9 months...wow!
Shopping for baby has also become our favourite pastime. Every time we see an ad for Baby Fairs, you can be sure to find us there. Everything is so irresistably cute!! The tiny clothes, mittens, booties, hooded towels, bedsheets...we'll just grab them all! I can't remember when was the last time I went shopping for myself. Only things that I have gotten for myself since I became preggie are maternity clothes, breast pumps, breast pads, sanitary pads...u get the gist ya? Shopping for Caitlyn dearest has become our priority. Hmm...Motherhood! Fatherhood? Ok...that too!

No comments: